In an effort to provide a diverse and comprehensive religious education experience for our youth, St. Matthias participates in the District Presentations with several other area parishes.
In our program, attendance at least one District Presentation is required for students in the high school program and the 6th-8th grade program. The District Presentations provide an opportunity for students to gain a new perspective on various topics in our world today through a faith perspective. Additionally, the evenings provide a break in the regular Christian Formation class format and expose the children to topics not usually covered in our curriculum.
Below is the calendar for the District Presentations available to St. Matthias students for the upcoming 2017-2018 year along with the intended age range for each topic.
The presentations usually run from 7-8:30 pm.
- October 8th, 2017 – Mary Osep: “Facing the Questions of Our Day Together,” at St. Matthias (6th-8th)
- November 12th, 2017 – Nate Friday: “Pitch Imperfect” at St. Alphonsus (11th)
- December 10th, 2017 – Bill Johnson at St. Alphonsus (9th-10th)
- January 28th, 2018 – Rich Curran: “Confirmation and Beyond” at St. Mary’s Hales Corners (11th)
- February 18th, 2018 – Brian Jens and Rebecca Scholz: “He Said/She Said” at St. Matthias (6th-8th)
- March 11th, 2018 – Mike Domirtz: “Can I Kiss You?” at St. Matthew (9th-10th)
- April TBA, 2018 – Helen Wasmer: “Social Media” at St. Martin of Tours, Franklin (6th-8th)
For more information, contact Brian Jens, Director of Lifelong Faith Formation at email@example.com or at 414-321-0893 ext. 406.