In an effort to provide a diverse and comprehensive religious education experience for our youth, St. Matthias participates in the District Presentations with several other area parishes.
In our program, attendance and at least one District Presentation is required for students in the high school program and the 7th-8th grade program. The District Presentations provide an opportunity for students to gain a new perspective on various topics in our world today through a faith perspective. Additionally, the evenings provide a break in the regular Christian Formation class format and expose the children to topics not usually covered in our curriculum.
Below is the calendar for the District Presentations available to St. Matthias students for the upcoming year along with the intended age range for each topic.
The presentations usually run from 7-8:30 pm.
- October 16th, 2016 – Mary Osep: “Virtues” at St. Stephens in Oak Creek (7th-8th)
- November 6th, 2016 – Nate Friday: “Pitch Imperfect” at St. Alphonsus (11th)
- January 29th, 2017 – Rich Curran: “Confirmation and Beyond” at St. Mary’s Hales Corners
- March 5th, 2017 – Mike Domirtz: “Can I Kiss You?” at St. Matthew (9th-10th)
- April 2nd, 2017 – “His and Hers Relationships” at St. Matthias (7th-8th)
For more information, contact Brian Jens, Director of Lifelong Faith Formation at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 414-321-0893 ext. 406.