What is Reach Out Reach In?
Reach Out Reach is a summer service week for high school youth who want to be involved in direct service and social action. Youth learn about the many community organizations, located around the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, that work to meet the needs of the poor and vulnerable in the city. Site locations including homeless shelters, adult day care, community organizations, meal programs, family/organic farms, child care and more. The experience includes community, simple living, prayer, and justice education.
Reach Out Reach In invites…
- Teens ages 15-18, who have completed ninth grade.
- Teens who are interested in spending the week in service with children in shelters or summer programs, special needs children and adults, a family and organic farm, painting or landscaping for community organizations and so much more.
- Teens who want to experience living in community. Our home for the week is TBD. Youth will make NEW FRIENDS who share a passion for making a difference in our world, often one relationship at a time!
- Teens who want to simplify life for just a week! This important aspect of the week brings us into solidarity with those we serve. We eat amazing meals together, limit our shower use to one a day, and abstain from television, cell phones, and other media. You can do it!
- Each day begins and ends with prayer. Sometimes it is woven into the day, as we have experiences that we turn over to our loving God. Reconciliation is available during the week, and we invite families to join us on Friday for a closing Liturgy and celebration of the week.
- Each evening we share stories and reflect on the service of the day in light of Catholic Social Teaching and Justice education.
- Those who have attended RORI in the past are invited to return and look at ways we can advocate for change at a different worksite. Don’t miss this opportunity to grow in grace at the wonder of our Catholic Faith.
If YOU accept this invitation your generosity will come back to you!