Communications and Social Media Internship
We are looking for an eager individual who is looking to gain experience in professional ministry while blending their faith and their talents in technology, marketing communications, and the visual arts.
In this unpaid internship, the primary responsibility of this intern will be in maintaining the parish and school website, all social media publications for the parish, creating and editing the New Formation video series, as well as various phone and email related tasks. Interns must possess a basic understanding of website maintenance (WordPress), social media, and audio visual creations. Additionally, the intern will need a willingness to learn on the job and a basic skill set in word processing.
St. Matthias Parish seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a large Catholic organization. The position will report to the Director of Administrative Services and reside at the Parish Center – 9306 W. Beloit Road, Milwaukee, WI 53227.
• Work on content development on the St. Matthias website, including working with committee/ministry leaders to understand current programs and write and load content.
• Update and maintain St. Matthias’ social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
• Investigate community organizations/general public where St. Matthias may consider marketing to reach a greater audience (libraries, real estate agents, etc.)
• Update any bulletin boards, etc. with upcoming events
• Collaborate with staff on specific communications needs.
• Assist in planning, writing and managing weekly email blast to St. Matthias email distribution list.
• Seeks overall opportunities to improve outreach and communication methods and gives recommendations to appropriate parties.
• Completed or working toward a college degree in Communications, Marketing or related field (e.g., English, Public Relations)
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Suite.
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm for the mission of St. Matthias Parish and the families we serve
• Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus, but not required.
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus, but not required.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faith Formation Internship
This internship is open to those who are seeking an opportunity to learn about professional ministry in the Catholic parish, gain experience working collaboratively within a team, discover where their great passion meets a world’s great need through faith, and deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ through their faith based work.
The responsibilities of this internship include but are not limited to:
•Aiding and assisting in the planning and implementation of Vacation Bible School
•Assisting in creating advertisements, education material, formation materials and other informational displays both on paper and online
•Aiding the Director of Lifelong Faith Formation and Coordinator of Religious Education in facilitating, planning and running various summer programs for youth ages K4-18
•Attending and assisting in facilitating various tables and programs at the parish festival
The qualifications of applying interns are as follows:
•Interns must possess a Safeguarding God’s Children certification
•Applicants must have a proficiency in typing and word processing and a willingness to learn and grasp new skills in: advertising, filing, social media, education, and teaching
•Interns have an open mind, a passion for their faith, a willingness to listen to direction and guidance from the Director and Coordinator and a confidence to share their faith and opinions
Each intern will be asked to interview for the position to serve as both a formal beginning to the position and to allow the intern to gain valuable interview experience. Interns will also be required to create a formal goal for the internship upon which their work will be centered. Interns will meet bi-weekly with the Director of Lifelong Formation or Coordinator of Religious Education to reflect on their work and progress thus far. Finally, interns will keep a log of hours.
If you are interested in the internship opportunity please contact Brian Jens, Director of Life Long Faith Formation at 414-321-0893 ext. 406 and at email@example.com.