St. Matthias Parish School participates in both the Milwaukee and Wisconsin Parental Choice Programs. We feel participating in these programs allows us to help our families make Catholic education more affordable.
The Milwaukee Parental Choice Program and the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program are different programs. Both programs eligibility are based on residency and family income. Please read the information below that summarizes each program.
Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (MPCP)
- A student would qualify if his/her family resides in the city of Milwaukee.
- The family income must be lower than 300% of the Poverty Level as published by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI).
Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP)
- A student would qualify if his/her family resides in the a Wisconsin school district other than the city of Milwaukee or Racine Unified School District .
- The family income must be lower than 185% of the Poverty Level as published by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI).
- A student must meet at least one of the prior year school attendance requirements:
- Been enrolled in a public school in Wisconsin in the 2015-2016 school year
- Have not been enrolled in school in the 2015-2016 school year
- Be applying for kindergarten, 1st or 9th grade at the private school in the 2016-2017 school year
- Participated in the WPCP in the 2015-2016 school year
A family must apply for the program online. An email address is needed to access the online application system.
Additional Information is listed below.
WPCP 2016-17 Income Limits for New Parents
Parental Choice Q and A 2016-2017
Parental Choice Brochure 2016-2017
If you have any questions regarding the Choice Program, please contact Mrs. Susan Booth at (414) 321-0894 or email@example.com or Mr. Jonathan Richter at 414-321-0894 or firstname.lastname@example.org.