Saint Matthias Catholic Parish is committed to continuing the ministry of Jesus the Christ. We invite and welcome all no matter what your race, language, or creed, no matter what your orientation or marriage situation, no matter where your journey has led you. Come, live, grow, and be challenged by the message, through prayer, formation, and service.
Kommunicating Kerygma (ke·ryg·ma)
2nd Sunday of Advent
December 4, 2016
Last week it was mentioned that, with the first Sunday of Advent, a new church year began; throughout the year the gospel texts will be drawn mostly from Mathew’s gospel. Matthew’s description of the relationship between Jesus and John is much different than Luke’s. While the diversity may bring with it some struggle, it may also help us to realize that our God and the ways of God are always beyond our limited ability to fully grasp the fullness of God.
Stewardship Theme for Fall Treasure Pledge Appeal
–St. Matthias Stewardship Committee is pleased to announce the theme for the 2016 Fall Treasure Pledge appeal:
GRACE – GRATITUDE – GENEROSITY
Pledging for Stewardship of Treasure
I give financial support to St. Matthias because:
- My giving is an obligation. In the Old Testament and in the New, the people are commanded to give for certain needs.
- My giving is a privilege. The churches of Macedonia were models of generosity even though they were poor. They gladly gave out of gratitude toward God and love of their brethren.
- My giving is one dimension of my stewardship. Our faithfulness as stewards in this “little thing” of money has a bearing on what other responsibilities will be given.
- My giving is an act of worship. The Old Testament saints could only approach God in worship with a sacrifice.
- My giving is an investment. Jesus encouraged believers to give in order to “lay up treasures in heaven”.
- My giving is an act of self‑sacrifice. All Christian service should be a sacrifice to God.
- My giving is an expression of brotherly love and of Christian unity.
Parish Stewardship Committee
Your on line form is here Stewardship Pledge
Green Bay Diocese sees ‘Pokemon Go’ craze as evangelization opportunity
Read about it in their publication The Compass News
Are you looking for
Milwaukee Archbishop Jerome E. Listecki revealed his vision for the direction of the Catholic Church in southeastern Wisconsin on Sunday, September 14th. Read More
The Archdiocese is producing a post-Synod Newsletter for Parish Bulletins every other month. You can find the most recent one, as well as previous issues on the Archdiocese website by clicking on the image.
2016 Calendar Raffle Winners
Calendar raffle winners are updated on the website on a weekly basis. Check out the 2016 calendar raffle winners to date!
View videos from St. Matthias Catholic Church on Vimeo.